“The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, They stumbled and fell. Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: Though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: In the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock. And now shall mine head be lifted up, Above mine enemies round about me: Therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: Have mercy also upon me, and answer me. When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, LORD, will I seek. Hide not thy face far from me; Put not thy servant away in anger: Thou hast been my help; Leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation. When my father and my mother forsake me, Then the LORD will take me up. Teach me thy way, O LORD, And lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies. Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: For false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty. I had fainted, Unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. Wait on the LORD: Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.”
Psalm 27:1-14 KJV
1. The LORD is the provider *and you don't need money to serve the LORD but just a willing and believing heart*
2. Serving the LORD requires consistency. Many people often emerge with fire and then in a short time the zeal is extinguished either by sin or just pride when they are raised or when they get money.
3. Serving God requires sacrifice. This is the biggest thing that you need, to loose your own life for the sake of JESUS. Most people can't sacrifice their time, resources or their own lives to serve GOD.
4. Don't serve so as to be rewarded or seen by Men. Always check the attitude of your heart. Many people want to serve only where they are recognized by men.
5. In serving focus on GOD ALONE. most people are often distracted by Men and so they drop off or surrender from service because so and so did something they did not like to them.
6. Serving God requires you to be initiative. Let it always come from your heart to serve the LORD and you should not be pushed to serve GOD. Service is often the test for the genuine love you have for JESUS and it is a measure of how much you love Him. Those who love more will serve more
6. Serving the LORD is a privilege. Always remember this important point, none of us is too important that God needs him or her too much. Always consider it a privilege and remember God replaces people as he did to Saul, Judas etc.
7. Serving God will directly determine your entry to Heaven
8. True servants of God never give up or withdraw
9. True service is measured by the test of time. Time is a litmus test and therefore perseverance, endurance and patience is inevitable
10. All called to salvation and headed to Heaven MUST SERVE. nobody is called to church membership but we are all called to serve
11. You can't serve GOD in sin.